When it comes to kayaking, there’s nothing quite like cruising along the water while jamming out to your favorite tunes. But, as any experienced kayaker will tell you, water and electronics don’t mix well. That’s where waterproof speakers come in – allowing you to enjoy music while staying safe and dry on your kayak. In this post, we’ll discuss the factors to consider when purchasing waterproof speakers for kayaks and recommend some of the top speakers on the market. We’ll also explore alternative methods for listening to music on a kayak in case speakers aren’t your style. So, whether you’re a casual kayaker or a seasoned pro, read on to find out the best way to bring your favorite tunes along on your next kayaking adventure!
Factors to Consider when Buying Waterproof Speakers for Kayaks
- Durability and resistance to water: This is perhaps the most important factor to consider when purchasing waterproof speakers for kayaks. You want speakers that can withstand exposure to water and the elements without malfunctioning or breaking.
- Sound quality: Of course, you want your music to sound great too! Look for speakers that have high-quality sound and deliver clear and crisp audio even on a kayak.
- Battery life: Since you’ll be using your speakers on a kayak, it’s likely you won’t have access to a power source. So, look for speakers with a long battery life to ensure you can listen to your music for as long as possible.
- Compatibility with your device: Make sure the speaker you choose is compatible with your device, whether it’s a phone, tablet, or music player.
- Size and portability: Since you’ll be taking your speakers along on your kayak, consider how easy they will be to transport. Look for speakers that are compact and lightweight, and won’t take up too much space in your kayak.
Top Waterproof Speakers for Kayaks
Here are some of the best waterproof speakers for kayaks on the market:
- JBL Flip 5 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker: This popular speaker offers high-quality sound and 12 hours of battery life. It’s also compact and lightweight, making it the perfect choice for kayaking.
- Bose SoundLink Micro Waterproof Bluetooth speaker: Although small in size, this speaker delivers impressive sound quality and has a waterproof and rugged design, making it perfect for use on a kayak.
- Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker: With 13 hours of battery life and an IP67 water and dustproof rating, this speaker is perfect for kayaking. It also delivers 360-degree sound for an immersive audio experience.
- Jabra Speak 510 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: While not specifically designed for kayaking, this portable speaker is water-resistant and delivers high-quality sound. It’s also small and lightweight, making it easy to bring along on a kayak.
- OontZ Angle 3 Ultra Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker: This speaker delivers high-quality sound and has a long battery life of 20 hours. It’s also designed to be water-resistant and durable, perfect for kayaking adventures.
Alternatives to Waterproof Speakers for Kayaks
If you’re not a fan of waterproof speakers, don’t worry! There are still other ways to enjoy music while kayaking:
- Waterproof Headphones: If you want to listen to your favorite tunes without disturbing others or worrying about your device getting wet, waterproof headphones are a great option. Look for headphones rated with an IPX7 or higher waterproof rating for kayaking purposes.
- Waterproof Earbuds: Similar to waterproof headphones, earbuds rated with an IPX7 or higher waterproof rating are perfect for kayaking. They’re also lightweight and compact, making them easy to bring along.
- Waterproof MP3 Players: If you don’t want to bring your phone or tablet along on your kayak, consider purchasing a waterproof MP3 player. They’re specifically designed to be used in the water and can hold hours of music.
Can I use regular speakers on my kayak?
It is not recommended to use regular speakers on your kayak, as they are not designed to withstand water exposure.
Can I submerge waterproof speakers in water?
While waterproof speakers can handle water exposure and splashes, it’s not recommended to submerge them in water for prolonged periods.
Can I connect my phone to a Bluetooth waterproof speaker?
Yes, most waterproof speakers come with Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to connect your phone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
How long does the battery of a waterproof speaker last?
Battery life varies depending on the speaker’s model and usage. But, the best waterproof speakers usually come with battery life of 6-10 hours.
Are waterproof speakers portable?
Yes, they are. Waterproof speakers are designed to be lightweight and portable, so you can take them with you anywhere you go.
How loud are waterproof speakers?
Most waterproof speakers provide clear and loud sound, enough to fill a small or medium-sized vessel.
Are waterproof speakers expensive?
The price of a waterproof speaker depends on the model, but there are affordable options that offer good value for your money.
How do I install a waterproof speaker on my kayak?
Installing a waterproof speaker on your kayak is typically straightforward. You can either use suction cups or mount the speaker to a specific spot.
Can I use waterproof speakers in the shower?
Yes, you can. Waterproof speakers are designed to be used in wet environments, including the shower and pool areas.
Will a waterproof speaker affect the balance of my kayak?
No, a waterproof speaker is lightweight and won’t affect your kayak’s balance, even if you mount it on the side.
As John paddled his kayak through the serene lake, he couldn’t help but think that something was missing from his experience. He had always loved to enjoy his music while engaging in his favorite activity, but he had never found a way to do that on the water without worrying about damaging his speakers.
That’s when John stumbled upon the best waterproof speakers for kayaks. He saw the potential for the perfect solution to his problem and decided to give them a try.
John was more than satisfied with his purchase. The speakers were durable, resistant to water, and provided excellent sound quality. Plus, their portability made them easy to take with him on any adventure.
He felt like he was truly enjoying the best of both worlds while listening to his favorite music while kayaking. The waterproof speakers enriched his kayaking experience and even made it more enjoyable.
From then on, John never went kayaking without his waterproof speakers. He enjoyed the freedom of paddling on the water while experiencing the beauty of nature and the sound of his favorite songs. He knew that he had found the perfect solution to his problem, and couldn’t imagine a better way to enjoy his music while kayaking.
No matter how you choose to listen to music on your kayaking adventure, it’s important to prioritize safety and durability when selecting your gear. Waterproof speakers, headphones, earbuds, and MP3 players all have their own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s up to you to decide which one best suits your needs. Remember to keep factors such as durability, sound quality, battery life, compatibility, and portability in mind when making your decision. By following these tips and selecting the right equipment, you’ll be sure to have a fantastic time cruising along the water with your favorite tunes in tow!